Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Howdy!

Hi there! Welcome to my blog about all things origami. 

I'm a avid paper folder and origami enthusiast from Dallas, TX. I have been folding since I was a little kid and am passionate about the art. It's always been a unique hobby of mine and I've gotten much better at it in the last four years thanks to the Paper folding group at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (OrigaMIT.) Recently, I got to the OrigamiUSA Convention in NYC and it has inspired me to focus more on my favorite hobby and form of expression. 

After watching the documentary "Between the Folds," I have a new appreciation for the art and it has changed my perspective on how origami is used beyond its recreational form. I have created this blog to present cool origami from around the world, feature cool artists, and showcase how geometry & origami is inspiring everything from design to space exploration. 

Since this is all about showing cool work, it will be a very visual blog! I hope you enjoy it and hopefully it inspires you to see paper in a different light! 

-T. 

No comments:

Post a Comment